“Hey you. It’s me again. I’m just calling to say I miss you. I know I called 117 other times, but every one of those times I thought I heard a click of you picking up and was unable to finish my message. Then it said your machine was full so that’s why I’m calling your office right now. I miss you a lot. I just wanted to let you know that… wait, it sounded like you picked up. Are you there? No? Okay anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and I’d love to talk about it with you over coffee or whatever. So… yeah. Give me a call back. Later gator.”
People make stupid decisions when it comes to getting back with an ex. Yet when it comes to how to get love back, it’s not just about saying the right things. It is also about avoiding mistakes. Your ex is going to be looking for reasons not to get back with you, because they need to try as hard as they can to justify their decision. Making mistakes will drastically harm your chances of reconciling. Here are five of the most common mistakes people use when trying to win back their ex.
Most Common Ex Back Mistakes
- Rushing It – When it comes to how to get love back, winning back your ex is a process. You cannot – and should not – want to rush back into the relationship. Doing so will only push your ex further away. You need time for the emotions to cool down, because any discussions should be calm and rational, rather than emotional and heated.
- Passing Blame – In the heat of the moment, it is not uncommon for the partner trying to win back their ex to blame their ex for the breakup in some way. While you should not take all of the blame yourself, it is an equally bad idea to start blaming your ex for your relationship’s struggles. Keep the focus on the future, not the past.
- Fake Changing Yourself – Your ex would not have left you if there were not problems. Obviously you need to change to get back into the relationship. Yet if you only change to get back into the relationship, then you are bound to break up again, because you have little motivation to continue those changes once the two of you get back together.
- Waiting for Your Ex to Make the Move – When you want to get back with your ex, you need to take initiative. You cannot call your ex and wait for them to ask for you back. They are the ones that left you. You need to make sure your ex knows that you want to reconcile the relationship, and that when you get back together things are going to be different.
- Desperation – The reason you and your ex are a good match is because the two of you are equals. You both are compatible, and are the perfect candidates to live a healthy, long life together. If you act desperate, you give the impression that you don’t deserve them. You want to get back together, but not at the expense of your own happiness.
How to Get Love Back
Winning back your ex is a process. You need to make the right moves, say the right things, and make changes to yourself, for yourself in ways that may not be natural to you. You cannot make mistakes. Make sure that every move you make is the right move before you start trying to win your partner back.